我家拜天宫记!

Gosh I totally forgot about this! And I think I lost most of the pictures =( sigh~ I know this is one freaking late post and I apologize for that. Finally, Chinese New Year passed us in a swift. The night when we worshiped the God and Goddess for all the great blessings in the year of 2011. We called that Pai Ti Gong. As the 9th day of the Lunar New Year is the birthday of the Jade Emperor. This is one big celebration for the Hokkiens.

It was a busy day indeed and a long night to go through. All my relatives came to help out. Grandma's been doing things conventionally. Everyone was busy helping out and I was being a real sloth. Not helping out but at least I make a good photographer =P! Look at all the pretty pictures (I'm just living in denial), a memory for all of us to cherish.


This is how the offering table look like! Usually some of the family prepared roast pig that will cost a bomb, roast duck, chicken, fruits especially pamelo and mandarin oranges, 'Huat Kuih', some dried longan, dates ans sweets ...but we only offer fruits. These are all for the prayers on that night. Everything was done according to the Chinese's procedures. Until today, I have no idea how to do all these...I guess it's time to learn from my mom.

Bu Lang Sai lagi!

with such occasion, cousins got to gather around and do some catching up~

12am it's time to arranged the gold praying papers on the floor, We would then burn it to offer them as we thank the above for their blessings.

Lastly, some fireworks pictures that I didn't managed to capture that night! so much for being a good photographer -____-|||. All in all I enjoyed my night with the family~

Posted in . Bookmark the permalink. RSS feed for this post.

2 Responses to 我家拜天宫记!

Hayley said...

You are a Hokkien too? ;)
拜天公 is a very important event for the Hokkien, I enjoyed it too!

.:Leeming:. said...

yeap i am darl =)...ur Hokkien lang too?

Powered by Blogger.

Search

Swedish Greys - a WordPress theme from Nordic Themepark. Converted by LiteThemes.com.